Thursday, April 26, 2007

CRAZY NEEDLE BOOK + other stuff


for those of you interested, this is the outside cover of what will become my crazy needle book. I went to a sew society meeting on Monday the 23rd and I saw one that was made back in 95 or 96 and I stared at that till it became embedded on my brain. That was completely Victorian and most lovely! For mine, I am using a 9 x 11 base and I hand-stitched pieces of Thimbleberries prints in odd sizes to my base. As seen here, I have appliquéd a few things on since arriving home yesterday. I have also done some embroidery and will do some other embellishments to the outside as well, including buttons and maybe a tatted item or two, etc,etc...I will post the next step or process when I get to that point!

We are going to go camping at Rose Canyon which is about 3/4 of the way up Mt Lemmon hwy just outside Tucson. That will be fun as I have camped there before. I certainly hope it isnt windy there. *wink*

I was asked to contract and order while I was gone and that project was given to another so I whined and hollered and have yarn coming in Friday or Saturday to take along to play with--otherwise, I am only taking crazy quilt stuff to play with and a baby afghan. But then again, maybe not the baby ghan--it only needs to border and that is wide and may need lots of reading till I get the pattern on. It is so much easier to take hand sewing so i may just do that!.

5 comments:

Thelma said...

Very pretty, it's amazing how you just got everything in your mind and went home and done it. It is going to be so pretty. Glad you joined CQ for Newbies. I love that group of ladies. They are very talented and I have learned so much from them.

NormaH said...

Love your needle book and looking forward to seeing the next 'stage'.

Susan said...

This looks good, Carole. Your stitching is coming along fine. That's going to make it about 4.5 x 5.5? Will it close like a check book?

JK said...

This is really coming along wonderfully! Are you going to add some SRE? I think that would be very pretty with this style. Great job hon!!

Franie said...

Carole, you amaze me! You take on new stuff like you have been doing it like a pro for years. I like the needle case very much--love the look of it.