Thursday, March 22, 2007

time to catch up!







Pictures of sunrise on the 21st of March. Today, it is mostly cloudy and we have had very little rain--smells nice and looks promising, but will see what tomorrow and Saturday bring.

I will not be around much on Friday--helping out at the quilt shop and going to guild meeting!


I broke down yesterday after being sent home from Jury duty (that I had hoped I would be chosen for) and stopped by the SAS store to buy some goodies for Crazy Quilting. I added these items to items I had begun collecting and things I already have here. I am itching to go and play--and if you are a CQ'ER, then you know what I mean :o)) this is new to me but what the heck--it is to play with :o))

this is of my fabrics--I found some lovely -I guess it is taffeta(?) and I had received some lovely samples of fabrics that are marked as selling for 138.00 per yard, etc,etc....YIKES!!!! hehehehehe I am not even sure what the the others are but I have some lacy stuff and all sorts of other scraps I wouldnt normally play with.




I love the green with the butterflies and dragonflies :o)) Also, I purchased some silks with pictures printed on them--they have yet to arrive and will be a nice feature to my quilt.

these two pictures are of the embellishments I may be using..it just depends. I guess that will come along as I begin to put things together. the plain, colored, rick-rack is for other projects and i dont think they would be appropriate for what I have in mind. There are laces, motifs, florals, and buttons and other doo-dads!




I put the laces on the red bag so you might be able to see the design. Now, I think I am on a quest to seek more items to play with--I dont intend to finish this quickly, but maybe i will post a block as i complete them...

Next weekend is a quilt show for that weekend. I enjoy going to these--tho I am not sure at what capacity this time--to help or to play or to do whatever--hopefully I will get to take pictures...I learned that lesson very quickly :o))


this last picture is a comfort afghan i just completed--I will be mailing that out next week.

OK--will turn you loose now! hehehehe--so much easier to catch up this way--toodles *~*CAROLE*~*

2 comments:

Franie said...

The sunrise is to die for--very very nice. You must be wanting some "weather"? The CQ stuff is great--don't make too many plans--just create as you go--gonna be a great CQ--post pix of blocks when they get done. And the comfort-ghan is awesome--love how you did the border. Very nice--she will love it.

Susan said...

Beautiful sunrise pics. Almost as nice as a sunset. =0

Looks like you have more than enough stuff to get into CQ trouble. =) Love the butterfly fabric.