Tuesday, October 9, 2007

stitching, cutting, playing..having fun, keeping busy



This is my Season to Season block for crazy quilting group. I have done what i want and this will be sent off for another to complete and then it comes back to me! I should be getting Autumn block back soon. I have seen a picture of it and I am very excited about it! As you can see, I have set it on point..didnt know about all that till a dear friend had asked me what i meant about on point...I try to do things differently on occasion-meaning, I dont usually follow the set instructions to the letter--as to what i will do with my four blocks when the set is complete, I believe I might frame them. I may just use a bat and back and bind each and hang seasonally. I have yet to decide. they will be too pretty to use in a lap quilt or such..I still have time to think about it!

been doing a lot in the guild (Green Valley) regarding charity. Two terrific families donated HUGE stashes to charities and using what we can, I have been making up lots of kits for members to play with. This has been a great stress reliever for me! all the fabrics, designs, etc just keep me happy and busy!!!

I have also been playing with my ripple afghan--I have been challenged --this will be my FIRST ripple that I have actually gotten more than about 1/2 dozen rows done. Like many others, this has in it own right, been quite a challenge over the years as I could never seem to get the ends evenly worked past the second row and I would give up and that was that.. now, I have moved into the fourth color group and so far so, but I must say that counting has become very monotonous--hehehehe-7 sp 2 7 add3,7---and i think you get the meaning--7-7-7-7-7-7---I am glad it is my lucky number, but hey!!!! At least i still pick it up to play with it! 7-7-7-7 yipes! LOL

AH--today--I am going to be in my room, sewing! block of month to complete, TB club block/border to begin, and maybe no cq-ing today! who knows--my time is my own to do with as I please today!!! yes indeed---*~*CAROLE*~*

No comments: