Wednesday, April 9, 2008

not yer mama's log cabin


well, ---I scanned the block because I was too lazy to get out the camera and this was faster! I suppose that comes with age-I have been a senior citizen for one week, but I dont notice a difference. I have used John to get discounts in the past and now, I can get them on my own! WHOOPPEEEE! LOL....anyway--the scanned block is actually 10 1/2 inches square but that doesnt show in the pic...I have no idea how big this quilt will be but I can say that I started out with 85 of the *windows*. hehehehe I dont know--could have been a math thing because I could get 17 of them per one strip. I didnt care for the middle which is normally two of the small blocks, the same size, so I decided to go scrappy as opposed to dark/light. Then I decided that I liked (and had in my stash) most or all of the Charleston II line of Judie Rothermel's collection..soooo...that led me in another direction, also! Guess I could add that I will make this a queen sized quilt! LOL...

I got another block done today--not a Dear Jane "specific" but size wise, will do well---used some of the scraps from the aforementioned block! -- waste not want not-- more soon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty block! Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Jane said...

Happy Belated Birthday Old Gal !!!!! Hope it was a good one...

gocrazywithme said...

I like this log cabin. The colors are wonderful together!
Happy birthday! Your birthday is the same day as my DH. He turned 50and is feeling sorry for himself, so I love your attitude! You keep going, girlfriend!
Janet