Thursday, August 20, 2009

WHEW--no work today!

for the past month or so, I have been participating in a TOM and JERRY challenge...we were given fabric with tossed motifs of T and J and we needed to add to it to make a top...I went and bought more T and J fabric and used that and coordinating colors as well! I am happy to say I am delighted with the results...I hope some child will be just as happy!


These pics are of another sort of challenge..TRIPS FOR TWO TO BOSTON
I asked a friend to *play* with me on this one...didnt take too much effort..however, I wasnt able to meet up with her as we had gone out of town or I had to work!
we were to share the cutting, ironing, and sewing...my friend did most of all that....assembly was time consuming but well worth it! I have to trim off the points and add a border....this is rather small, so not sure what I want to do with it! Dont want to go too big because then I wont be able to quilt it myself....I am thinking 12 inches in borders.....any ideas?

I am working another project using paper-piecing technique. using fabrics in browns, pinks, and whites to creams and tans....I am 1/3 done so far----will take pics of that soon....also beginning stages of quilt on cover of Fons and Porter J/A issue...this I am going to love! tata!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The T and J top is too cute, Im sure its going to make a lucky child very happy :) And your 'TRIPS FOR TWO TO BOSTON' is gorgeous! :)